Who makes warfarin
Finasteride latest research
Metronidazole uti treatment
What is the progesterone only pill
Propranolol para ansiedad
Benazepril 5mg for cats
What are celebrex
Men’s Health often does not get talked about. Men need special attention, especially as they get older.
Men may develop health issues specific to their age and gender. Some of these issues are a normal part of the aging process, and some may be signs of more serious problems. There are certain tests every man should get from his doctor as soon as he turns 40. These tests should be given in regular intervals, as they can be integral to a long and healthy life.
Testing, screening and early detection done by our office may include:
- Routine blood work, including triglycerides and cholesterol levels
- Digital rectal exams
- Hormone levels
- Comprehensive testing of all your hormones: Testosterone, Thyroid, DHEA, Estrogens
- Food and environmental allergy testing
- Physical exams
- Lung and heart exams
- Prostate PSA screening and exams
- Screening for acute and chronic illness- colds, the flu and allergies
- STD screening and treatment
- HIV screening, testing
Below are some of the conditions men can be treated for by our doctors at Revolution Health Medical Center:
- Heart disease–You should have your cholesterol checked regularly starting at age 35. If you are younger and smoke, have diabetes, high blood pressure, or a family history of heart disease, talk to your physician about the need for a cholesterol check.
- High blood pressure—Have your blood pressure checked regularly. High blood pressure is 140/90 or higher.
- Male fertility
- Prostate health–Men over age 50 should have a PSA blood test and digital rectal examination once every year to screen for prostate cancer. If you’re over 40 but in a high-risk group, such as an African-American man and/or have a family history of prostate cancer, you also should seriously consider having the screening.
- Andropause and hormone imbalance
- Over-weight–Have your Body Mass Index calculated to find out if your ratio of height to weight is appropriate.
- Sexually-transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Anxiety and depression
- Stress disorders
- Urinary tract infections
- Athletic injuries
- Hair and skin problems
- Digestive disorders
- Liver disease
- Diabetes–If you have high blood pressure or high cholesterol, a diabetes test can help your physician identify and address related health issues.
- Lung disease, including emphysema and chronic bronchitis
- Joint health
- Chronic Pain
We treat YOU, not just your symptoms. Treatments include specialized, scientifically-proven therapies for your condition. Our team takes an integrative approach that could be made up of some of the following:
When you’re feeling good, it’s easy to think that your body will take care of itself. But it’s vital for men to make their health a priority rather than an afterthought.
If you would like to schedule a free 10 minute meet-and-greet with one of our doctors, please contact our office at 602-265-1774.