Don’t Let Digestion Cramp Your Style.
Heartburn. Indigestion. Bloating. Nausea. Constipation. Diarrhea. Digestive issues can be just as uncomfortable to talk about as they are to experience. These incredibly common issues can often be signs of other health complications so they are important to address immediately, even if they might be embarrassing.
Your digestive system is the foundation of your overall health as it takes in nutrients and eliminates waste products. When it suffers, so does the rest of your body. Digestive concerns can often be the first signs of further complications due to an impaired immune system, improper food intake and poor nutrient absorption.
Whichever symptoms ail you, it is time to start dealing with the aches and pains of an uneasy gut. Our Healthy Digestion Program will include a medical evaluation and review of your dietary habits. Our physicians may also order lab testing for: food allergies, gluten intolerance, liver detoxification and malabsorption “leaky gut” assessments as well as a stool microscopic evaluation for candida, bacteria, or parasites.
4-step plan: Remove, Repair, Restore, and Replace
After identifying the cause of your digestive woes, your doctor will create an effective treatment plan to get to the root cause of your symptoms. Our 4-step “Remove-Repair-Restore-Replace” plan for digestive health is overseen by one of our doctors. They will create a plan for you to:
1) Remove offending foods from your diet that could be acting as stressors on your system. This means caffeine, alcohol, processed foods, bad fats, and any other foods we think may be causing issues, like gluten and dairy. All of these irritate the gut in some form and create an inflammatory response.
2) Repair the gut and heal the intestinal lining with key nutrients and amino acids.
3) Restore the gut’s optimal bacteria balance with probiotics.
4) Replace digestive enzymes and other important factors such as hydrochloric acid and bile salts to promote the digestion and absorption of nutrients from the foods you eat.
Other beneficial modalities to heal your digestive system may include acupuncture, a medically supervised liver detoxification diet, or intravenous vitamin therapy.
Each year millions of Americans are diagnosed with gastrointestinal illnesses ranging from peptic ulcers to Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Women are especially vulnerable, since digestive issues occur up to 6 times more often in women than they do in men.
Gastrointestinal conditions can include:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Crohn’s disease and colitis
- Celiac disease
- Gastroesophogeal reflux disease (GERD)
- Gas and bloating
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Abdominal pain
- Change in weight
- Malabsorption due to gastric bypass surgery
Embarrassed? Don’t be. Digestive problems are among the most common conditions we treat, meaning that you are not alone and are in good hands.
Articles of Interest:
Food Sensitivity Testing: April 2019 Special
Natural Heartburn Relief