Allergy Relief Bites
~~Recipe for Ginger Honey Allergy Relief Bites~~
Suffering from allergies? May is allergy awareness month. Dr. Gorman recommends these Ginger Honey Bites. Please read the notes below the recipe to learn more about introducing bee pollen into your eating plan.
1 cup raw almonds
½ cup crystallized ginger pieces
½ cup local raw honey
¼ cup local bee pollen
Coconut oil, raw and unrefined
½ cup unsweetened coconut, finely shredded
- Grind almonds to a medium to fine meal consistency in a food processor or nut/seed grinder.
- Dice the crystallized ginger into ¼ inch cubes.
- Transfer almond meal and ginger to a medium bowl and add the honey and bee pollen.
- Use your hands to mash all the ingredients together until a cohesive ball is formed. The dough will be very sticky.
- Wash and dry your hands after mixing and then oil them well with coconut oil.
- Pinch off pieces of dough and roll them into marble sized balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Set aside on waxed paper.
- Put shredded coconut in a shallow bowl and roll each ball to coat.
For best flavor and consistency, allow balls to set for 24 hours before eating. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator and consume within 2-3 weeks. Yield about 22 balls.
For best results from taking bee pollen, start gradually (½ tsp. or one ball from the recipe above) a day and work your way up to 1-3 tablespoons by the end of four weeks.
If you think you might have a sensitivity to pollen or a history of hay fever, try this simple test.
- Place a few granules in your mouth and wait 2 minutes.
- If you experience no symptoms (watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing, itchy mouth), chew slowly and swallow.
- Wait another 24 hours and monitor your body for any symptoms.
- If you don’t experience any, gradually increase as stated above.
Simple Changes. Powerful Results.
Contact our office to learn more about allergy testing and treatment. Allergy Awareness Month is a great time to learn more about your options.
The information provided on this site is not intended to be a substitute for individual medical advice in diagnosing or treating a health problem.
Please schedule a private consult about your health concerns.