Warm Root Veggie Salad
Warm Root Veggie Salad
Here’s a colorful, hearty dish to liven up any gathering! Consider making this available during the holidays for those that may be vegan or vegetarian. For holiday flair, substitute sweet potatoes and sprinkle with roasted chopped pecans.
Root veggie mix:
- 4 large purple potatoes (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 4 large parsnips (about 1 lb.)
- 6 watermelon radishes (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup bottled olive oil-and-vinegar dressing (or mix your own)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- Fresh greens (arugula, spinach, kale, dandelion, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut purple potatoes into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Peel parsnips, and cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- Cut watermelon radishes into 1/2-inch-thick wedges.
- Toss purple potatoes, parsnips, and watermelon radishes with 3 Tbsp. olive oil in a large bowl.
- Place in a single layer in a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Sprinkle with 1 3/4 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper.
- Bake at 400° for 40 to 45 minutes or just until tender.
- Let cool completely (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, whisk together bottled dressing, parsley, horseradish, and mustard.
- Place vegetables in a large bowl, and drizzle with desired amount of dressing; toss gently to coat.
- Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled over greens with any remaining dressing.
Adapted from a Southern Living recipe
If you would like to learn more about the First Line Therapy eating plan, call our office to schedule an appointment.
We realize that you have a choice when it comes to healthcare and truly appreciate your trust in us. At Revolution Health Medical Center, we take great pride in our comprehensive approach to wellness.
Our multi-disciplinary healthcare team will partner with you to create a complete, supportive treatment plan to help you achieve your health goals.
We welcome you to stop by our office and meet our staff. If you would like to schedule a free 10 minute meet-and-greet with one of our doctors, please contact our office at 602-265-1774.
Simple Changes. Powerful Results.
The information provided on this site is not intended to be a substitute
for individual medical advice in diagnosing or treating a health problem.
Please schedule a private consult about your health concerns.