Dr. Gorman’s Recipe Pick:
Shirataki Noodles with Almond Butter
~~Starting the First Line Therapy plan? Interested in vegan or paleo dishes to prepare? Dr. Gorman has chosen this Shirataki noodle recipe as her pick of the month! If you like pad thai, this recipe is for you. Makes 1 serving.
1 teaspoon mild olive oil or coconut oil
2 cloves minced garlic
3 spring onions (diced)
1 cup broccoli (long stemmed preferred)
1/2 cup of small carrots sliced length-wise
1/4 cabbage shredded
1 Shirataki Noodles pack (7 oz)
1 Tablespoon Almond Butter
2 teaspoons Sriracha (optional)
2 Tablespoons Coconut Aminos
- Open bag of noodles. Drain and rinse under cold water in a colander.
- Put them in a pot of boiling water and boil for 3 minutes.
- Drain the cooked noodles in the colander.
- Place the drained noodles in a hot, dry pan on medium high heat.
- Stir with tongs until moisture evaporates out of them. Approx. 8-10 minutes. (This improves the texture and flavor of the noodles.)
- Set aside noodles in a bowl.
- Chop onion, carrots and cabbage.
- Add olive oil into hot pan you just used for noodles.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Saute about 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables.
- Stir occasionally so they cook evenly.
- In a separate bowl, mix almond butter and coconut aminos. Add Sriracha if desired.
- Once the vegetables are to the desired tenderness, stir in the noodles.
- Now add in the sauce and stir everything until well coated.
Add a protein of your choice, such as chicken, shrimp or egg.
Use additional vegetables of your choosing, such as mushrooms, bean sprouts, bell pepper, snow peas and others that fit your eating plan.
- Category 1 Vegetables: 3-4 servings depending on how you prepared it
- Nuts: 1 serving
- Oil: 2 servings
- Protein: Do not forget to count this if you add optional proteins.
Calories: 190 Carbs: 19.3 Fiber: 7.9g Fat: 9.9g Protein: 8.1g
Recipe modified from Wallflower Kitchen recipe.
If you would like to learn more about the First Line Therapy eating plan, call our office to schedule an appointment.
We realize that you have a choice when it comes to healthcare and truly appreciate your trust in us. At Revolution Health Medical Center, we take great pride in our comprehensive approach to wellness.
Our multi-disciplinary healthcare team will partner with you to create a complete, supportive treatment plan to help you achieve your health goals.
We welcome you to stop by our office and meet our staff. If you would like to schedule a free 10 minute meet-and-greet with one of our doctors, please contact our office at 602-265-1774.
Simple Changes. Powerful Results.
The information provided on this site is not intended to be a substitute
for individual medical advice in diagnosing or treating a health problem.
Please schedule a private consult about your health concerns.