This is so easy, why bother with the canned stuff! Use this naturally sweetened, healthier cranberry sauce recipe all year. Why limit it just to the holidays. This is detox friendly for many programs.
Feel free to make it the day ahead, chill it overnight and let it warm to room temperature before serving.
Recipe yields about 2 cups cranberry sauce.
- One 12-ounce bag of fresh cranberries
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- Zest of 1 medium orange, preferably organic (about 1 teaspoon)
- Optional add-ins: ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon and/or ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- Rinse the cranberries well and drain off excess water.
- Pick through the cranberries and discard any squishy ones.
In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries, honey and water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries have popped and the mixture has thickened to your liking, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in the orange zest.
- If you’d like to add cinnamon or orange juice, add it now.
- Add more orange juice, honey or maple syrup to taste. Just remember, cranberries are naturally tart! Many of your guests may prefer this less sweet.
We realize that you have a choice when it comes to healthcare and truly appreciate your trust in us. At Revolution Health Medical Center, we take great pride in our comprehensive approach to wellness. Our multi-disciplinary healthcare team will partner with you to create a complete, supportive treatment plan to help you achieve your health goals.
We welcome you to stop by our office and meet our staff. If you would like to schedule a free 10 minute meet-and-greet with one of our doctors, please contact our office at 602-265-1774.
Simple Changes. Powerful Results.
The information provided on this site is not intended to be a substitute
for individual medical advice in diagnosing or treating a health problem.
Please schedule a private consult about your health concerns.