Apple Shredded Chicken
Slow Cooker Apple Shredded Chicken
Using a crockpot is something you can do year ’round. This apple shredded chicken can be eaten as part of a sandwich or spooned out as a main dish on its own. This can be eaten as part of several eating plans including FLT (First Line Therapy). Depending on your macros, it can also be part of your Keto meal planning.
- 2 medium sweet, crisp apples, cored and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- ¾ cup unsweetened apple cider, divided
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- (Optional) 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (less or more depending on your preference
- Place the apples and onions in the base of a 6-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt, tossing to combine.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with an additional ½ teaspoon salt and garlic powder.
- Place the chicken on top of the onion and apple mixture.
- Pour ½ cup apple cider and 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6, or until the chicken is very tender and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board. Shred with two forks, then place back into the slow cooker, add the remaining ¼ cup apple cider, stirring to combine. Taste and add additional salt or apple cider to taste.
- If serving as a sandwich, drain some of the fluid out before serving.
Makes 4-6 servings.
If you would like to learn more about the First Line Therapy eating plan, call our office to schedule an appointment.
We realize that you have a choice when it comes to healthcare and truly appreciate your trust in us. At Revolution Health Medical Center, we take great pride in our comprehensive approach to wellness.
Our multi-disciplinary healthcare team will partner with you to create a complete, supportive treatment plan to help you achieve your health goals.
We welcome you to stop by our office and meet our staff. If you would like to schedule a free 10 minute meet-and-greet with one of our doctors, please contact our office at 602-265-1774.
Simple Changes. Powerful Results.
The information provided on this site is not intended to be a substitute
for individual medical advice in diagnosing or treating a health problem.
Please schedule a private consult about your health concerns.