Calming Gummy Bears
Natural Vitality recipes to make your own calming gummy bears!
Watch the video below to see how easy these are to make. As an added bonus, if you are making these for your kids, let them help! There is a second recipe that follows to help with sleep.
This unique recipe uses agar, a seaweed product, instead of animal gelatin, making these gummies suitable for vegetarians. Kids and adults alike will happily take their Natural Calm in the form of these adorable bears. See variation in “Notes” for how to make Green Gummies with vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons of agar powder (available at natural products stores)
- 1 cup of cherry juice
- 2 teaspoons of honey (optional)
- 1 heaping tablespoon of Organic Cherry Natural Calm (available at Revolution Health Medical Center)
1. Pour the juice into a bowl and sprinkle the agar powder across the top of the juice. Let it sit without stirring it for about 5 minutes.
2. Stir the juice—the liquid should have thickened slightly.
3. Pour all of the juice mixture into a saucepan and turn on high heat.
4. Add the Natural Calm powder and optional honey. Stir together.
5. Allow the mixture to come to a boil. Stir for 1 minute, then remove from heat. The mixture should have a consistency of syrup.
6. Continue to stir the mixture until it cools off a bit (about 2 minutes), and then pour it into the molds. Note: Do not let it cool for too long without stirring it, as it will get thick and lumpy.
7. Place the molds into the refrigerator for about 2 hours or until all the gummies are solid.
8. Pop the gummy bears out and enjoy!
If you’d like green gummy bears, try adding a green juice with spinach and kale.
Natural Vitality’s inspiration for this calming gummy bears recipe came from health coach Kelley Suggs.
It is recommended that you use local, organic and non-GMO ingredients whenever possible.
HEART HEALTHY HIBISCUS GUMMIES
(Recipe from the Feisty Kitchen)
5 tbsp CALM magnesium powder (I used unflavored)
3.5 tbsp grass fed gelatin
1 2/3 cups water
1/4 cup monkfruit sweetener
4 bags hibiscus tea
1/2 cup raspberries
In a small bowl, pour 2/3 cup of water and sprinkle the gelatin powder over the top. Set aside to bloom.
Bring 1 cup of water to a boil and add the hibiscus tea bags. Let brew for about 5 minutes.
Blend together the brewed tea and the raspberries, then strain into a pan over medium heat. Slowly add the CALM powder. It will start to bubble up, so whisk slowly.
Once bubbles have died down, pour this hot mixture over the bloomed gelatin in the bowl. You’ll want to whisk until the gelatin is dissolved. If the gelatin doesn’t completely dissolve, you can pour the mixture back into the pan and continue whisking over medium heat.
Pour into a parchment lined 8 x 8 pan, or you can use silicone molds if you have them! Let set in refrigerator for at least an hour.
Enjoy a few gummy squares/hearts before bed to help you relax!
Makes 16 squares
*Notes: I used the unflavored gelatin in this recipe, but the raspberry lemon flavor would also be great and add a bit more flavor!