Balsamic Roasted Veggies
Healthy, Detox Friendly Menu Choice: Roasted Veggies–
Revolution Health Medical Center–
With the approaching season of weight loss and detox upon us, we want to feature some of our favorite recipes for cleansing and achieving optimum health. There are a variety of ways you can make eating those vegetables much easier, and to get them on the menu every day.
You may know that vegetables are the best foods for weight loss, detox, and achieving your health goals. Here is a roasted veggie recipe that is packed with flavor, and when served warm gives you that nice cozy feeling.
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 c. broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried or fresh basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (232 degrees Celsius).
- Place all veggies and garlic in a large Pyrex (thick glass) dish or roasting pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, sprinkle spices on top, and stir to coat.
- Cook for about 45 minutes or until veggies are tender when you poke them with a fork.
Mix it up by using your favorite veggies – mushrooms, cauliflower, leeks, fennel, asparagus, etc. Be creative!
Makes 5 one cup servings
Nutrition per serving: calories: 124 protein: 4g fat: 6g carbohydrate: 17g fiber: 2g
FLT servings: Fat: 1 Category 1 vegetable: 1
Revolution Health Medical Center is currently accepting new medical nutrition patients. We team with you to establish which eating plan is best suited to your lifestyle and health needs. Our doctors are trained in nutrition and weight management.
The information provided on this site is not intended to be a substitute for individual medical advice in diagnosing or treating a health problem. Please schedule a private consult about your health concerns.