Arugula Apple Salad
Fall Easy Meal Choice
–By Kirsten Singler–
This arugula apple salad is a quick and easy fix when you are looking for something with extra pizazz. The arugula is slightly spicy and tangy, balanced with the sweetness of the apples. Gourmet flavors made easy!
- 4 cups lightly packed arugula greens
- 1 apple sliced thinly
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 6 chopped figs
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients:
- ¼ cup lemon juice or the juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp. honey or brown rice syrup
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt to taste
- 1 date (if additional sweetness is desired, blend 1 date with the above ingredients)
- Start by blending the ingredients for the dressing until homogenous.
- Next, combine arugula greens with apple slices, chopped figs, and pine nuts in a large salad bowl.
- Then cover the salad with dressing and mix well. Serve and enjoy!
Makes 2 servings
Calories: 185 Protein: 3g Carbohydrates: 17g Fat: 12g Fiber: 7 g
Hint–If you like the dressing, make a large batch of it by doubling the recipe and store in the refrigerator.
Recipe created by Kirsten Singler. Kirsten is a nutrition and wellness coach at Revolution Health Medical Center. She began her career in nutritional counseling in 2009 as a graduate of the Southwest Institute of Healing Arts. She is a 2015 graduate of Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine.
Kirsten is currently accepting new medical nutrition patients.