Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding
This simple, delicious and filling Chia Seed Pudding makes a great breakfast or dessert that is rich in anti-inflammatory omega-3s, fiber, protein, calcium and magnesium. See the pumpkin pie chia pudding variation below the vanilla recipe if you are looking for a flavor change or holiday treat! Or try the banana almond version also shown here.
Keep the flavors changing!
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk, rice milk or coconut milk
- 2/3 cup chia seeds
- 15 drops stevia (plain or vanilla flavored) or ½ teaspoon vanilla extract organic preferred
- 1/4 cup fresh fruit: cubed mango, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 Tablespoon sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds
- Put chia seeds, non-dairy milk and vanilla (stevia or extract) in a 1-quart glass jar with a lid. Tighten the lid and shake well to thoroughly combine. Or, whisk together seeds, almond milk and vanilla stevia in a bowl and cover with a lid.
- Refrigerate at least an hour, preferably overnight until it thickens.
- When ready to serve, stir well. You may adjust the amount of liquid to achieve desired consistency. Spoon into bowls and top with fruit and coconut.
Servings: 3 Size: 1 cup
Calories: 280 Fat: 7g Carb: 49g Fiber: 7g Protein: 3g
Pumpkin Pie Variation:
Try this version for a flavor change!
- 2 cups canned coconut milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons whipped topping, optional
In a blender add all ingredients except chia seeds, pulse until smooth. Add chia seeds and pulse just until combined.
Divide the mixture between four 8-ounce mason jars or dessert dishes, cover and refrigerate overnight.
If desired, top with whipped topping before serving.
Banana Almond Variation:
- 28 ounces coconut milk
- 1/4 cups chia seeds
- coconut milk (more, optional, for thinning)
- 2 bananas (ripe, sliced)
- 1/2 cups toasted almonds (sliced)
Make this pudding following the same directions above. Add sliced bananas and sliced almonds on top, to taste.