Flourless Pumpkin Brownies
Healthy 3 Ingredient Flourless Pumpkin Brownies
Dr. Gorman was trying out some FLT friendly recipes and came across this tasty and easy to make recipe flourless pumpkin brownies.
It is always best to follow a recipe pretty precisely the first time you make it to see how you like it. After that, make adjustments that are more suited to your tastes.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree*
- 1/2 cup drippy almond butter (can sub for peanut, cashew or nut alternative spread)
- 1/4- 2/3 cup cocoa powder (more cocoa yields a richer taste)
- Frosting of choice (optional: see below)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and coat a small 4 x 6 or 6 x 6 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside- A smaller pan yields thicker brownies.
- Add all your ingredients into a high speed blender, food processor or large bowl and mix until fully immersed and a thick batter is formed.
- Transfer brownie batter to loaf pan and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a skewer comes out just clean. Allow the brownies to cool in the pan completely before either frosting or slicing into bars.
*For a sweeter flourless brownie, sub half a cup of mashed banana
These brownies taste amazing when refrigerated and enjoyed chilled- They can be kept for up to 5 days there, and are also freezer friendly.
Recipe from the big man’s world http://thebigmansworld.com/
For The Frosting
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 T maple syrup
- pinch vanilla extract