Brown Rice Pasta Veggie Bowl
Almost everyone who knows Margie, knows that when she is not working with her massage patients, that she is probably playing tennis! She and her tennis team have been sharing recipes.
Here is Margie’s pick for a tasty, healthy recipe that fuels her and her teammates for their tennis matches. It is being shared from tennis.com.
- 8 ounces brown rice pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup diced sweet potato
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed with the side of a chef’s knife
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 2 cups diced red onion
- 3 cups kale, cut into thin strips
- 3 cups spinach leaves, tough stem trimmed and discarded
- 1 large tomato, diced, with its juice
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wide, deep saute pan until shimmering but not smoking.
- Add the sweet potato and cook, stirring until tender and golden brown all over. (about 8 minutes.)
- Add the garlic and loss for a few seconds.
- Add the sugar snap peas and cook, tossing just to heat them through, about 30 seconds.
- Add the oregano, onion, kale and spinach and cook, tossing until the kale is wilted.
- Add the tomato, peas and cooked pasta.
- Cook, tossing until pasta and peas are warmed through. (about 1 minute)
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide among 2-4 plates or wide, shallow bowls and serve.