Maple Roasted Pumpkin
~~Pumpkins are everywhere and in everything this time of year. This is a roasted pumpkin recipe you will want to add to your collection to use during the fall season. It just may become a part of your Thanksgiving meal tradition! You can adapt this recipe according to your food sensitivities or detox plan.
- 2 lb pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 2 red onions, peeled and each onion cut into 12 wedges
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt or more to taste
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- a couple of handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Peel and dice the pumpkin into 1″ cubes.
- Place the pumpkin, onions and walnuts onto a baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup.
- Use your hands to toss everything so it is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with salt about 1/2 tsp, add more to taste when done.
- Roast for 25-35 minutes, or until the pumpkin is browned and cooked through. Toss once at around 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Toss with balsamic vinegar, crumble over feta and toss in the fresh baby spinach.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo from Lena’s Kitchen Blog
Interested in learning more about nutrition and a healthy eating lifestyle? Our doctor-supervised nutrition programs are custom-tailored to address your specific medical conditions, eating and exercise habits and health goals. Our doctors will provide the one-on-one support and guidance you need to achieve healthful eating habits that last a lifetime.
Simple Changes. Powerful Results.
The information provided on this site is not intended to be a substitute for individual medical advice in diagnosing or treating a health problem. Please schedule a private consult about your health concerns.