Empower yourself with mindful eating habits.
Revolution Health Medical Center~~
Our busy lifestyles, stress and mental-emotional state has had a direct impact on our relationships to eating habits and food choices leading many of us to overeat, eat on the run or eat out of boredom. This does not allow us to experience the joys that foods can bring to our bodies. Our fast-paced lifestyles have created an unhealthy relationship with foods and sometimes with our food choices that can cycle back impacting our perceptions of self – be it mind or body image.
Mindful eating allows us to take a step back, create space, time and an environment for us to enjoy foods that nourish our body and to connect with our thoughts, emotions and physical sensations in the present moment without holding judgment.
What is mindful eating?
- Creating a positive and nurturing awareness in preparing and making healthy food choices to serve the body
- Allowing you to cultivate your senses to choose foods that are right for you to achieve optimal health for your mind and body
- Creating awareness of satiety and hunger allowing you to make appropriate decisions of when to begin to eat or when to finish
- Tune into what the mind and body need for nourishment
Benefits of mindful eating:
- Empowers you to make healthy choices that are beneficial to the body
- Nourishes the mind and body
- Brings a sense of joy to the table
- Helps to cultivate a healthy relationships to food and the environment
- Provides freedom from habitual eating habits and strict diets
- Allows you to look inward to the body’s needs
- Brings awareness to your thoughts, feelings and sensations around eating
- Allows you to be present and non-judgmental when eating
- Create an environment as an individual or for the whole family to enjoy, centered around a healthy relationship with foods
- Allow the body to enter into a relaxed parasympathetic state to promote proper digestion
The goal of mindful eating is to learn to pay attention and base our meals on physical cues, such as our bodies’ hunger signals, not emotional ones – like eating for comfort. Simply changing our attitudes and habits around eating may be every bit as important to our overall health as the quality of food we eat.
Health coaching for mindful eating is available. Call for an appointment to learn what will work best for you to reach your long term goals.
The information provided on this site is not intended to be a substitute for individual medical advice in diagnosing or treating a health problem. Please schedule a private consult about your health concerns.