Crispy Rice Treats–
Here is a healthier version of a traditional treat. This is great during certain detox programs or just as a way to make a better choice year ’round! This healthy snack is one of Dr. Gorman’s favorites, and a regular “must have” recipe in her household.
Crispy Rice Treats (24 servings)
- 1 tsp. cold-pressed sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 Tbsp. sesame tahini (or other nut butter)
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 6 cups combination of: puffed rice, puffed millet, or crispy brown rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, currants, chopped dried apples, or dates
- In a large pot, heat oil, rice syrup, and tahini, stirring until bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing well with wooden spoon.
- Spoon into a 13” x 9” pan and press flat.
- Allow to sit at room temperature.
- When set, cut into squares and store in airtight container at room temperature.
This recipe is from the Metagenics Clear Change recipes.
We realize that you have a choice when it comes to healthcare and truly appreciate your trust in us. At Revolution Health Medical Center, we take great pride in our comprehensive approach to wellness. Our multi-disciplinary healthcare team will partner with you to create a complete, supportive treatment plan to help you achieve your health goals.
We welcome you to stop by our office and meet our staff. If you would like to schedule a free 10 minute meet-and-greet with one of our doctors, please contact our office at 602-265-1774.
Simple Changes. Powerful Results.
The information provided on this site is not intended to be a substitute
for individual medical advice in diagnosing or treating a health problem.
Please schedule a private consult about your health concerns.