Hearty Broccoli Salad
Are you getting your 4 cups of veggies in everyday?
–Revolution Health Medical Center–
Recipes like this make it easy to feel satisfied. This broccoli salad is delicious and hearty. Pair it with split pea soup for dinner or pack it for lunch the next day. Broccoli is rich in sulforaphane and isothiocyanates which reduces the risk of cancer. The indol-3-carbinol found in broccoli helps to balance women’s hormones. It is also loaded in vitamins K, C, folate, and minerals such as calcium.
It’s no wonder that the USDA recommends that we eat 3-5 cups of veggies each day!!
- 2 bunches broccoli, florets only (5 to 6 cups florets)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 10 to 12 slices precooked and crumbled turkey bacon (or tempeh for vegan option)
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 cup olive oil based, egg free mayonnaise (Veganaise is an option)
- 2 tablespoons rice or white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt to taste
- Separate florets from broccoli stalks.
- Save the remainder of the broccoli for another use or freeze for later.
- Combine salad ingredients; top with dressing mixture.
Chill and serve.
Calories: 280 Protein: 10g Carbohydrates: 24g Fat: 8g Fiber: 5g